June 23, 2014

pansy


Saturday I was supposed to drive to a blogger meet up, but I chickened out. Even with encouragement from my sweet friend Katie (because she knows me so well) I still stayed home. I'm bummed I did because I think I missed out on a great opportunity to meet fellow bloggers and form new friendships. I tried to make excuses by saying that I needed to stay home and catch up on sleep. Which is partly true because I was exhausted from work and taking care of Finley on my own all week. But it was just a poor excuse to not go.

I don't know what it is that takes over sometimes and immobilizes me with fear, but I don't like it. People tend to think I'm this outgoing person, and I can be, but usually I am shaking with fear when it comes to putting myself in new situations with people I don't know. I'm hoping that I will learn from this and next time I have the opportunity to do something outside of my comfort zone that I will.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're not alone in this. I've never had an opportunity for a blog meet up, but I'm sure as heck I'd be shaking in my boots. There will be more, and next time you should see if you and another blogger can carpool, that way you're forced to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture/quote you paired with this. You are not alone! It can be SO scary to put yourself out there, especially with new people, and please- sleep ALWAYS makes a good excuse, ha! But yes, I hope next time you just GO! (And then of course that you blog about it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lauren! You're not alone! It's terrifying to put yourself out there!! Don't feel bad, there will be more opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."