April 20, 2014

Easter

via
To me, Easter is the most important holiday that we celebrate. It's one that seems to get glossed over and maybe that's a good thing because I wouldn't want it to become about anything other than CHRIST DYING FOR OUR SINS. I wouldn't want it to turn into a countdown, like Christmas, to gifts and deals, and competition between stores. Even now it's a little too much about Easter baskets, candy, and new dresses in my opinion. What it boils down to is Easter is about a wonderful gift that Jesus gave us by dying on the cross for us.
 
And while I'm still angry at God for some things in my life right now I'm still so thankful for his sacrifice and the fact that He loves us. Jesus even questioned our Father on the cross.
 
Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."