November 4, 2013

Marriage isn't for you


Now before you get all crazy from my title, you should read the article that accompanies it.


I may have cried reading it (ok when do I ever NOT cry), but I was so touched with this article. I think that marriage is for me sometimes and then when I take a step back I realize why I married Dave. I love him and I want to make him happy. I want to be the one that makes him happy. I have found myself in our marriage being selfish more than I would care to admit, but thankfully I have a forgiving and easy going husband. Relationships are hard but I wouldn't want to go through the ups and downs with anyone other than Dave. I am the luckiest to have found my soul mate. These past few months have been crazy and now that we're so close (tomorrow) to closing on our house and moving in I'm reflecting back on how difficult it's been, but how Dave and I as a team have gotten through it together fairly easily.

Dave, I know it's been hard, especially with my kinda crazy here and there, but thank you so much for stickin' it out with me. For being my shoulder to cry on, my voice of reasoning, and the love of my life. Thank you for loving me well when I don't particularly deserve it, and for everything else you do that I never thank you for. I love you so very much and I can't wait to move into our HOME together tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I read that post yesterday too!! It's so good--and so true. I think that's a big reason why relationships fail. When we're selfless and caring, love becomes unconditional and much more meaningful :)

    So excited for you guys. Praying tomorrow goes smoothly, I'm sure it will be such a relief to be in your home finally!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."