November 21, 2013

huff and puff

and blow your house down.....

Only with time do you find out the quirks of your house or living space. I've found one and sometimes it makes me want to blow the house down to the ground. I love our house, don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, new, set up with the best floor plan I could imagine and on and on. BUT what I don't love about it is that I get realllllllllly craptastic cell reception. I've had more dropped calls in the two weeks we've been living here then ever in my life. I can stand in one spot by the craft room window but even that sometimes breaks up the call. I'm looking into a land line because all my friends aren't in the area and we use the phone to communicate. As of now I don't even want to make calls while I'm in the house, because it's pretty pointless as you won't be able to hear me anyways and then I just get frustrated. I'm surprised at myself that I haven't thrown my cell into a million little pieces yet. I think it has something to do with the foil lining in the insulation or something who knows. All I know is that I'm on the hunt for a solution so I don't have to have my conversations out on the driveway (classy).

So friends, if you call and I don't answer, it's because I love you and want to hear what you're saying. That and my anger level might get too high and iphones are expensive!

3 comments:

  1. If you contact your cell provider and tell them about it sometimes they'll send you a repeater to boost the signal in your house... Might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the strangest thing! And totally inconvenient. You should definitely be able to get cell service in your own house :( Like Tera said, hopefully if you call your cell provider they'll help you out...ask the neighbors, too, they may have had the same experience! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have cell reception in the last townhouse I lived in. I have AT&T so I got an M-Cell (through them) and it worked great! It provided cell reception through my wireless router. Definitely call your service provider!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."