November 28, 2013

Give Thanks

{via}
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I pray that you're spending it with loved ones, whether that be co-workers, church family, friends, or family. 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I love being surrounded by family, friends, and amazing food. I also like that it's a time to reflect on everything we're thankful for. I try to do that all year round but I love that everyone else is doing the same and slowing down, looking around, and being grateful for what we have (right before they wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get more things). Keeping with holiday tradition I've compiled a list of what I'm thankful for below.
1. For Dave. He is my everything. I was thinking back to our first Thanksgiving spent together and how there was a question about whether or not I would be around the following year to participate in their family gift exchange. I love the feeling of certainty I have with him now. That no matter what, through the hard times, the FTB (feed the bitch) times, he sticks with me and loves me till we get to the good times again. I'm so very thankful that God made him for me and that we found each other. 

2.For my amazing friends. I am blessed with some of the best friends a girl can have. In life I think if you're really lucky you find people that make you a better person, love you for who you really are, and care for you genuinely. I'm one of the lucky ones because I've found some of these women and not only do I get to share my life with Dave but I get to share it with them as well. No matter the distance, we will always be in each other lives.

3. For family. You find throughout your life that family IS the most important thing. They are there for you when others aren't. They know you through and through. You may have your ups and downs but they love you unconditionally, no matter what. I love the family I was born in to, my parents and wonderful, giving, loving people and my sister is one of my best friends with the biggest heart. I'm also thankful for the family I married into. They are the sweetest, most thoughtful people that can cheer you up with a random text or card. And I'm thankful for the little family unit that Dave and I create just the two of us-three including Finley. 

4. For financial stability. There was a time when I just took this for granted but I am more aware now of our financial situation. I'm thankful that I have a husband that provides and allows me to stay home with our puppy while he needs me. I'm thankful that I don't have to stress about finding a full time job just yet and that I can still buy things that I want and need. I'm so thankful for all that I have and am striving to be more content with the things I do have instead of wishing for more when so many in the world aren't as lucky.

5. For faith in God. Without it we would all be lost. He knows the desires of your heart and He will love and protect you. He is an amazing God and though I forget that sometimes he is always there, arms open, when I return to him. I love that through the storms we weather he is always constant, you can always be sure of his unending love for you. I may break down and get angry at him at times but I know he has a plan for me and my life. It may not echo the desire and plan I have for my own life but his plan is greater. I have faith that the Lord will take care of me and I'm so very thankful for his love.

AND 
I'm so thankful for my best friend Megan, whose birthday is today. Happy Birthday Meg, I love you so very, very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."