September 19, 2013

new girl

No, not Jessica Day (although I wish!) but the new girl in town and the new girl at work.

I think a lot of people tend to forget what it's like to be new. I know I've been guilty of this before, especially after 2 years in a job when I know the ins and outs, my job runs like clockwork, and I know everyone and their brother.You can get comfortable and be a little hesitant of new people who change dynamics. So as the new girl at work I can say that for the most part everyone has been sweet and kind. They've all been helpful and chatty and seem genuinely interested in my life. I hope that when I'm the seasoned employee again that I remember my first days at a new job and be nice and helpful to the new people. It really does impact how they view the job, the attitude they bring to work, and their overall happiness.

I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought it was a funny reminder. So I'm taking this with me and hoping I don't forget how welcomed I've felt and how that has made me excited to go back everyday.


1 comment:

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."