June 10, 2013

Weekend

{Eastern Market freshness}
This weekend was pretty low-key and thankfully so, since I was wound tight all week. Our big news is that on Friday Dave accepted a job offer!!!!!! He'll be starting his new position in mid-August and we won't have a break in paychecks or health care coverage. God is soooooo good....and my husband is a smart, hard-working, amazing man whom I'm so incredibly proud of.

Saturday Dave had a tennis match and I caught up on a huge pile of laundry (oh the joy!). But Sunday I did get out of the house and went to Eastern Market with some girlfriends. It's one place I'm really going to miss when we move. We took our time strolling around looking at bauble necklaces, art work, cards, veggies and everything else. Lunch was at a place I'd never eaten before, Le Pain Quotidien, which had family style tables, cheese, and bread...sign me up. It was good, however a little pricey and not exactly what I was in the mood for, but the tea was yummy and the company was good.
{Bowl of tea during lunch at Le Pain Quotidien.}

{my fun little find at the market}
I've had my eye on this mirror for quite some time and knowing that we're moving soon gave me the little nudge I needed to purchase it. I'm sure I'll be able to find a space for it in our house. It's so pretty!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."