November 15, 2012

Catch Up


I've been on a blogging hiatus without even meaning too. I just haven't thought about it in a while and honestly it's been a little bit of a relief. After my thankful post, I think I had a sudden mindset change. Instead of being competitive with other people's blogs (competition runs in my veins even if it the competing is just in my own mind), I decided to sincerely be thankful for all that I have. I didn't feel the NEED to write so I didn't. I don't want to post meaningless things, so if I'm forcing myself to put something up here I just won't do it.
 
so here's hoping for more inspiration.
 
In the meantime let's play catch up.
 
Last weekend some of my friends and I went to NYC for a couple of days.
 
We did a bunch of things:
Walked around waiting for delicious breakfast at Clinton St. Baking Company
Went on a walking tour of Central Park for Veterans day.They pointed out military statues in the park.


 We were lucky enough to be able to go to the 9/11 memorial. With Hurricane Sandy they weren't handing out tickets but just letting anyone go if they had space available. While we had to wait in a pretty substantial line it was well worth while. I'm only posting two pictures on here because the memorial speaks for itself and you should really go see it in person.

Survivor Tree
The only tree at the memorial that isn't a white oak. The tree was planted on the original WTC plaza in the 70's. The tree was damaged but was brought back to health and has survived.


Heading to dinner before the show.
We went and saw Nice Work If You Can Get. Matthew Broderick was the lead and I really enjoyed it. Hope you all have been having a good week and I'll be back to posting regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."