July 10, 2012

I love you S'more!

One of Dave's favorite treats is s'mores.

One of Katie's favorite things to do is bake.


I don't necessarily really enjoy either but I did last night. I found a cute little s'more recipe on Pinterest (oh how I love pinning things!) that I wanted to try and had the two perfect people to help me with it. Dave didn't take part in the baking, only in the consuming!

I even liked the smores, and I'm not big on chocolate, or marshmallows really. They were the perfect size and just the right amount of everything. Dave even found s'mores marshmallows which helped everything be not too gooey. The success of these makes me a little more excited and willing to try new baking adventures.


The recipe we tried is below:

S'more Cups

7  whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided
12 large marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
Place 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini muffin pan. (I didn't use filters, I just greased the pan and put the mixture directly into the pan.)
Firmly press crumbs to form shallow cups. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.

Cut marshmallows in half (unless you like a lot of fluff or use the magical s'more marshmallow that fit perfectly). Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened. Remove pans from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.

The original recipe said that it would make 24, however with the amount of ingredients this calls for it only made 16.

It's a quick recipe to make with hardly any fuss, so you have a bbq, or summer party you're going to this would be the perfect thing to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."