December 23, 2011

Nice


I've been a very good girl this year. I haven't unwrapped a single present and taped it back up so no one is the wiser. When left alone in the apartment, I haven't shaken boxes or peeked in gift bags. Basically what I'm saying is that I haven't used my usual techniques to find out what I'm getting before Christmas. There is only one reason I've been so good this year....Dave. Christmas is his favorite holiday and because we're not able to spend it together during our first year as husband and wife, I don't want to ruin it. We plan on Skyping and opening our gifts together and I want my delight and reactions to be genuine. I keep telling myself just one more day to go!

It's helped that some of my friends and I have exchanged presents early. Katie and I exchanged gifts on Wednesday since I had friends come by Thursday night and she left for home early Friday morning. Nicole and I had our gift exchange on Thursday when we were both in the hospital together doing ward visits.

Katie got me and Dave ornaments and when I sent this picture to Dave he said our new tradition would be the Bills ornament would always be higher than the Steelers one. He's delusional, but I love him. Currently on our tree the Bills ornament is on the lowest branch...and the Steelers one is much higher.
 
And, for the record, just because I contained myself this year with not opening presents does not mean I will continue to do so in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."