October 9, 2011

Sunday Funday

I woke up to THIS picture below which was perfect since my STEELERS won today! I also have to say Dave's Bills won as well, so we are pretty happy campers right about now.

{He looks a little pained to be wearing Steelers gear but like I've said it's all about compromise. True love, that's what that is.}
Today was also the Army Ten Miler, when 30,000 crazy people (you'd have to be crazy to voluntarily sign up to run 10 miles) get together at the Pentagon for the start and end of the race. I drove my girlfriends to the race, held everyone's stuff while they ran, and was their official cheerleader. Thankfully we all found each other at the end and everyone was in one piece.

                        {The girls after the race! Mary, Katherine, and Tera}

I got the chance to catch up with one of my oldest friends, Chris, before the race too. It's been years since we've seen each other but the thing with Army brats is we fall back into friendships so easily. This is me giving him back his nasty Ravens (GO STEELERS!) hoodie after holding it during the race for him. Old rivalries I got the chance to catch up with one of my oldest friends, Chris, before the race too. It's been years since we've seen each other but the thing with Army brats is we fall back into friendships so easily. This is me giving him back his nasty Ravens (GO STEELERS!) hoodie after holding it during the race for him. Old rivalries die hard. Today was a bunch of fun and the only way it could have been better was if it was Dave crossing the finish line towards me. Soon enough. Hope every 's Weekend was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."