October 5, 2011

Struggle

Last week for no apparent reason was rough for me. I pride myself on the fact that I'm doing pretty well with Dave being gone but I guess with the start of fall (our favorite season together) it's been a little bit harder than usual. Last Wednesday morning I barely made it into my cubicle before crying.
As strong as I seem, I do have those kind of days. And the truth of the matter is nothing is going to be ok till Dave comes home. I may not come off as an emotional basket case ( and most of the time I don't believe I am) but I do have those kind of days and sometimes not even days but moments. And I think I'm allowed a bitch-fest here, or a break down there. I can't be composed ALL the time when I'm worrying  about Dave, not to mention all my other friends that are deployed as well.
And through all my ups and downs Dave is amazing. He listens when I rant and cry and supports me through it. Because of how wonderful he is though sometimes I feel guilty for telling him if I'm having a rough day because I should be the strong one taking care and supporting him. After all he is the one protecting our freedoms a world away.

{Talking on the phone to Dave at work showing him my Army Strong banner}

{My goofy husband cheering me up}
BUT then I remember we're a team. We have to help each other through the ups and downs of deployment. And it's not easy but as long as we share with each other and help each other through it we'll come out a stronger couple in the end. I'm sure for everyone who has or is going through this it's different but Dave and I have found what works for us and that's all that matters.
So here's to breaking down but building one another back up. Thankfully I have a great support system and not to mention the best husband in the world.  Much love to you all and thanks again, you really do brighten my days, and in turn allow me to brighten Dave's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."