September 25, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

It's football season, and thank goodness it's here! Dave is more than excited to have something entertaining to watch and for his fantasy league to be in full swing. It's a great way for him and his boys to keep in touch, as well as talk trash. In honor of football starting up, my roommate Katie P. and I spent a Friday night baking cookies in the shape of football helmets and footballs to send to Dave and some of my other guy friends who are deployed as well. I spent a good deal of a Saturday icing them and let me tell you, getting footballs to LOOK like footballs is hard work.  


Dave and I also joined an elimination league together which makes the football season even more interesting. And what marriage isn't bettered by a little friendly competition? Basically what happens is you choose one team each week to win and then you can't pick them again for the rest of the season. We're in week 3, so I've picked correctly the past two weeks. More than half the league has been eliminated and I would be lying if I said I wasn't pleased with my performance. I've picked on my own without help from Dave or any other man I know, and I'm still in it! I think Dave's is proud of me too, mean's his wife can hang with the big dogs. Watch though, since I posted how well I'm doing I'll probably go down in flames this next game.

{Dave in his new "football season" shirt I got him for his b-day}

{See how much I love Dave? Oh what commitment. But I love my STEELERS, always!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."