January 7, 2014

Thanks

{1 Thessalonians 5:18}
I can't even begin to say how much I'm loving this new devotional Katie and I are doing (year two together what what!). My friend Tera told me about it and I'm so grateful that she did because I'm really enjoying and connecting to it.

I have a hard time to remember to thank God even during difficult times, times when I'm struggling or upset. I seem to only thank Him when things are going MY way, when I'm getting exactly what I want. But you see, that's not how it works. I'm going to make a serious effort to thank God in ALL things. Thank him for the long line at the grocery because it allows some quiet time in prayer with him. I'm going to thank him for my puppy that is biting the carpet because I'm blessed to be able to love on him and have his love. I'm going to thank God while I'm walking in the cold because I have a warm house to go home to.

It's going to take some effort but I think if I start it'll just become a way of living. I'm striving to be in constant prayer with the Lord and in that (and the thankfulness of my heart) I'll see more of the blessings he'll bestow on me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."