September 10, 2013

Fall-a couple of things


I lived in Florida 5 years ago but I can't remember what fall is going to be like down here. As it's still in the high 90's I don't think we're going to get a cold front anytime soon which I'm excited about (for now). There is an issue there though. Fall is my favorite season. I love how the leaves are so beautiful when they change colors from green to vibrant red and breathtaking orange that you can't believe it's real and not a painting. I love the nip in the air as I draw my sweater or coat a little closer to my body. I love apple and pumpkin picking. I love the smell of a bonfire. I love the crunch of leaves under my boots and the warmth of a scarf wrapped around my neck. These things are the only reason I ever hesitated about our move to Florida. However, it's just a season and one that doesn't last for too long. If I need this feel we can drive up north a little, and we'll be spending Thanksgiving in upstate New York again so I'll be able to enjoy all that then.
My other big concern is when does it get "cold" down here. Am I going to look like an idiot when I pull out my boots in October? I guess, from what I've gathered from talking to people (stylists at the Loft ha) that at a certain time people just start dressing like it's fall outside when it's not. It's true, the AC is cold in stores and offices so you can get away with sweaters then. I guess I'm going to just have to play with what I typically would wear for fall and adapt it to the weather here. I'm thinking layers----strip down to a sleeveless shirt as soon as I get outside. I know you're riveted by my rambling about fall clothes but it's one of my favorite parts about the season. I'll let you know how it goes. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. i have never went apple picking, and i plan on making a trip this year for sure! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on fall! I absolutely love how the world looks here in Colorado during the fall and warm, cozy sweaters. But, you know, I'm sure you'll be fine wearing your boots in October! I think people use any excuse to put on a cute pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhh, it isn't fall until September 22nd! Put the pumpkin down and back away :) I definitely sympathize though. I swore when I was leaving DC for Arizona that I would never get sick of the warm weather. Well, it happened. I would love to be wearing my cute boots and light sweaters this weekend instead of dealing with a forecast of high 90s... again. Will fall ever come??

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."