May 2, 2013

prayers are precious jewels

My devotional for yesterday was about prayer and as always I feel like God sends these messages at just.the.right time. Katie P and I are reading the same devotional and write each other every day our thoughts, prayers, or questions after reading the day's devotional. It's a good way to keep ourselves accountable, and I really love reading her thoughts on everything.
The devotional yesterday got me thinking about my prayer time. I usually read my devotional early in the morning at work when it's quiet before people come in and try to have some quiet prayer time. But it never seems to work out that way, people come in and I'm happy to help them, but from there my day gets carried away. I'll have emailed Katie my thoughts but haven't had time to really digest what I read and spend time in prayer. From now on I'm going to set aside time at night for one on one prayer time and maybe start a prayer journal. I'm also going to try and get up a bit earlier so I can start the day in prayer. I know the getting up early will probably NOT happen (let's face it I like to sleep!) but then I just need to focus on God while I'm getting ready for the day. I'm not good at being still to begin with, so maybe that's the key...to incorporate prayer time into my morning routine.
{my new prayer journal- thank you Olivebox
and my sister Spaz for the subscription!}
Anyway, I wanted to share a snippet from our devotional from yesterday because it was powerful, to me at least:
" Your prayers move God to change the world. You may not understand the mystery of prayer. You don't need to. But this much is clear: Actions in heaven begin when someone prays on earth." 
With that being said I hope you'll join me in finding time to put everything aside to spend time with God in prayer. Katie also shared with me an amazing website, Praying For Him where they send me a scripture to pray specifically for my husband every day for 31 days. Dave is the most important person in my life, so why wouldn't I spend time praying specifically for him? I'm hoping to have help with my focus on what to pray for Dave and his relationship with God for the next 31 days. I know I tend to pray the same thing and in doing that I lose some of the spark behind the prayer if that makes sense. For those that are married and would like to pray for your husband I'd recommend checking the website out.

AND if you do pray could you please be praying for me and Dave. We both have an interview this afternoon and I'm a little anxious about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."