April 29, 2013

Weekend-Chincoteague Island

{our room view}
 This weekend was amazing! Dave surprised me with a weekend away in Chincoteague, VA. It's been a childhood dream of mine to go there to see the wild horses every since my mom ready Misty of Chincoteague to my sister and I when we were little. Friday night Dave would give me hints on what to pack in my overnight bag and then he finally told me where we were going before bed. Saturday morning we slept in and then got on the road for our three hour drive.


{far away horses on the beach-zoomed in with my camera}

Chincoteague is a quaint town but the park wasn't the best for seeing any horses. The "wild" horses are owned by the local Fire Department so we think they closed them off from roaming around. We walked to the outlook point but couldn't see any but caught a glimpse of them on the loop back to the car. I was a bit disappointed about not being able to see them but then we walked around the beach and went back to the hotel and enjoyed the hot tub before dinner.
{beach fun}
{misty statue}
We had an amazing dinner, and as we were walking  down Main St. back to the hotel we stopped at the Misty statue to take a picture to remember the weekend. I'm glad we went so I can say I've been to Chincoteague, and it was the sweetest surprise from Dave. I enjoyed our quality time together and I loved having just us time. 

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our next stop....Assateague Island.


Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."