April 16, 2013

Boston



After  the tragic events of yesterday at the Boston Marathon I'd like to take today a moment to pray for those affected. Not only to those that were there, but for those that watched in offices on the TV, and for anyone else.  



I personally get shaken to the core when events like this happen. It's  upsetting to see some of the evil in the world but I would like to point out that there is good out there too. It may not feel like it, but watch some of the footage, there were people running towards the blast to help. 


PBS parents had a quote from Mr. Rogers, the beloved childhood character: 
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."


The comedian Patton Oswalt on his Facebook page had some really amazing things to say:


But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago. 

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."



I also struggle with my faith at times like these. Times when I need to reach out to God and trust in him I get angry at the fact that bad things happen. So if you're like me and need some help making sense of this madness please check out the link below. It's a good start to answer some questions as Christians that we might have. But through all this, I do KNOW that God is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."