March 6, 2013

Springtime Succulents


I'm ready for spring! It's March and it's snowing outside. Talk about crazy. I've been ready for spring since fall, which seems so very long ago. With thoughts of spring and warmer weather I think of flowers and plants. Since our home isn't built yet, and when it is we probably won't have flower boxes, because the cold hard truth is that I have a black thumb. No matter how hard I try or how often I water plants they just don't seem to stay alive.  I found the perfect solution while perusing around Michael's for a bud vase for a DIY project*: a fake plastic succulent. It's so cute and looks real. The reasons I love this it twofold: first, I love anything in miniature form, and second I can't kill it.  One day I hope to be able to keep some pretty plants alive but for now this is what I'm working with.



* check out my NEW crafting blog with two of my amazing friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."