October 30, 2012

CAS(E) challenge

It's day two of staying at home due to Hurricane Sandy and as I look out of my window there is NO rain. Ha figures, but hey, I'm not complaining. It just means more quality time with the hubby....and by quality time I mean him playing Call of Duty and me crafting. So as I was perusing Pinterest this morning for some card inspiration I came across the CAS(E) challenge! The cut off closes at noon and so I had to get to work quickly to enter.


They give you a sketch that you base your card off and you have creative reign. I've been working on Christmas cards for my friend Tera so I decided to do my first card with that same theme.
It was definitely a different for me to incorporate a cut out shape into my card. I'm glad though because this pushed me out of my comfort zone and to become more creative. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Very simple yet elegant (or so I think!).

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did the cut out and changed up the sketch a bit. Very unique and can I just say, your blog header is ADORABLE!! It was such a pleasure to "meet" you and have you play along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."