September 5, 2012

Writing China

I bet you didn't know that you could buy international stamps. Well, it's ok because I didn't either, until I went to the post office to mail my sister her first letter while she's living in China. My sister had originally told me that every time I wanted to mail a letter that I would have to go to the post office. When she said that the number of letters I was planning on writing drastically decreased but with this new revelation, the letters will continue to flow!

I had so much fun making special and funny cards for Dave while he was deployed that I'm sure to make a bunch for my sister as well. It's always nice to get something in the mail. It's just so much more personal than an email and it's a tangible piece of home.



The stamps are $1.05 for a regular sized envelope and are more convenient because you can just drop them in the normal postal box. For anyone sending mail to my sweet sister please keep in mind the GUIDELINES she sent out about when communicating with anyone in China. And if you have any questions please let me know and I'd love to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."