August 7, 2012

Schnitzel


Last week Dave and I had our friends Nicole and Jason over for schnitzel night. When my parents lived in the area they would make it, and my friends and I would all come over. Now that they've moved, I figured I'd have to make it myself, and honestly I didn't do too bad. With Nicole's help (we let the boys play x-box) dinner was pretty easy to make.

Dave had to bike to the grocery store (because, you know, it's helpful to not have frozen pork when needing to cook right away and pound out the meat).
  Below is the process of how to make the meal and the final schnitzel product with spaetzle (a German noodle), asparagus, and some lemon wedges.

To have your own delicious schnitzel night follow these easy steps:
And you know it's easy if I can do it

Boneless pork chops or veal (we use pork)

pound meat between plastic to fairly thin

salt and pepper each side

dredge each piece in flour

then egg wash ( beaten eggs- number depends on how much you are making) no need to add water or milk

dredge in bread crumbs

Fry in oil on the stove

If you want you can keep warm on baking sheet lined with paper towels in oven at 200 degrees



Thank you to my dad for always making the schnitzel for all of us and for mom for sending me his recipe so I could copy it. You two are the best.

5 comments:

  1. I have never had this before! I may have to try this for my hubby once he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! It's definitely a man's kind of meal. And even if he's running late you can keep it warm in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently discovered how much I like schnitzel thanks to a new restaurant in town; but I hadn't thought of trying to make it! I'm definitely going to! Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah
    the Reverie blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise it's not as hard as it looks! Thanks Sarah.

      Delete
  4. OMG my mother in law would make this for us. They had it a lot when my husband was little and his family was stationed in Germany. Makes me want to make it for dinner tonight! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."