June 20, 2012

THE END

DAVE IS COMING HOME...TONIGHT! When he emailed me the first thing I did was stop and just stare, and then the dancing and laughing started, and then the tearing up part. I feel that with him coming home I find myself all of a sudden exhausted. All the emotions, worry, and stress seem to be seeping out of me and leaving me tired. I'm tired but so excited that he's coming home finally.
It's been a long year and I think we're both just anxious to get back to normalcy and find our new normal of living together, commuting, and everything that goes along with real life. I can't even begin to thank you all for your support this past year. I know Dave has felt it with all the emails, letters, care packages, thoughts and prayers you've sent his way. I've felt it too with the calls to check in, random texts, and cards. We are so very blessed to each and every one of you in our lives. It's almost over and I still can't believe it. Just doesn't feel real yet, and I know it won't truly feel real until I'm hugging him again. SOON though, so very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."