June 16, 2012

1 Year


Dave and I are celebrating our first anniversary today! We've made it through our first year of marriage and are almost through our first deployment. Even though we've spent this first year of marriage apart (except for about 7 weeks) I think we've become stronger. I know it's made us communicate better, find other ways to show each other that we love and appreciate one another, and really cherish the time we spend together. I have so much more to say but I'm going to say it to Dave when we Skype today!
Thank you to everyone who has helped us make it through this first year while separated. I hope and pray that we're able to spend the next million anniversaries together. We're planning on picking a day when he comes back and celebrating which will be great. The traditional gift for the first year of marriage is paper, so it'll be fun to see what Dave comes up with. I think I have a pretty good gift for him, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Happy anniversary Dave, I love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."