January 31, 2012

Bucket List

Katie and I have been working on our bucket list lately and this past weekend, we had a dress up dinner (for Katie's birthday!), ate at Kramerbooks & Afterwords cafe in Dupont circle, and went to Roosevelt Island.

{Katie's b-day dinner at Tempo}

{Outside Kramerbooks & Afterwords in Dupont Circle}
Kramers is a bookstore and a cafe that is open all through the night on Friday and Saturday. I like that people can browse through books while waiting for a table. And that's just what we did before brunch on Sunday.

{The books that sum us up (jokingly): Katie the hoarder, me Laurencentric, and Mary the "I don't write my notes till Sunday night" girl}
From Kramers we went to Roosevelt Island. It was really neat, you have to walk across this bridge to get to it and I imagine it's really pretty in the fall and spring. However we didn't pick the best time of year to come if we were looking for foliage, but that's ok we still had fun.

{Me and Mary at the sign before crossing the bridge to the island}

I said it looked like Teddy was saying, "oh yea that's my jam".  We were just jumping to help him get pumped up!

{Jump Katie!}

{Me and Katie-ready for our next bucket list adventure}
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful friend and roommate Katie! I'm so glad to have you in my life. You're such a fun person to do things with and I'm grateful to have you as my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."