December 12, 2011

This past weekend was jammed packed full of activities. Saturday my parents and I went to the Army/Navy game. It was my first time going and when I talked to Dave that morning I think that he was actually happy to not be going. It may be because he HAD to go for 4 years and stand in the cold. I had a bunch of fun at the game and even though we lost it was a great experience.

               {Dave enjoyed the view}

                     {Me and my parents}

                 {West Point march on----PERFECT lines, unlike Navy}
Sunday was busy as well. Katie and I baked cookies, went to the Army Bands Christmas concert, where we all cried. Such moving music and they played the Soldiers Silent Night and all the services songs. Whoever served or was a family member of someone who has or is serving was asked to stand when their song was played. Of course I stood proudly with my mom and dad and the tears rolled down my cheeks. I'm so very proud of my husband and am thankful for his service to our country. It's hard all the time but even harder during the holidays, especially since Christmas is Dave's favorite. BUT we are finding ways to make it special in our own way.

{After the concert at DAR Constitution Hall in DC}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."