October 26, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I haven't talked about Dave and my upcoming ceremony in a while so I figured I'd update you all on where we are in the process and what's changed since we last informed everyone of our plans. The date is set, August 18, 2012 in Columbia SC. We've chosen a venue {Millstone at Adams Pond}, booked an amazing photographer {Makayla Jade} who also happens to be a great friend, we have the menu, the Chaplain, the DJ, and the hotel.
I have to be honest and let you know I feel a little silly having a ceremony more than a year into our marriage. But as Dave reminds me, this is something we're doing to have our families meet each other and to allow you all to share in our promises and commitment to one another. I'm already married to the man of my dreams and we already shared a perfect day together so this ceremony next summer is an added bonus. I know it will also be a fun and terrific way to celebrate Dave coming home! My vision for the day is for it to be very low key and more about people getting to know each other than what our programs look like etc. I'm not too focused on the little details as of now (who knows if I'll change my mind later), but for me it's more about the celebration of making it through a less than ideal first year of marriage and having our friends and families there to celebrate with us.

                           {Our wedding day. June 16, 2011}
You can always look at our wedding website for more information and as always feel free to email me with any questions. Once it gets closer I'll send out hotel information so you're able to book your rooms with the wedding party rate!
http://www.weddingwire.com/daveandlaurenbounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."