October 3, 2011

Staying Busy

This past weekend I was rather busy and was very thankful for that fact. The weekends are much better when they're filled with activities and friends. Although Saturday was gloomy and overcast it was the first day that felt like fall so my friends and I decided to brave the weather and ventured to Poolesville, MD to go apple picking. This is something I've always wanted to do but never have before. They had pumpkins, gourds, squash, cider, and caramel apples.

Mary, me and Tera.

{Dave is the apple of my eye}

These are the first pumpkin carvings of the month. I'm trying to beat our record of 4 that we did last year.

{Throw back-last year with Dave}


Then Sunday afternoon after Good Skype (yeah!) with Dave we went and painted some pottery. A fun relaxing activity. Dave will be getting a special treat in the mail in the next week or two from my previous painting session so I won't post that picture until he receives it. And sadly I'm now a frequent card holder at Paint This! in Old Town. I have to have something productive to do while Dave's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."