August 27, 2014

see you later

hi lovelies. Since getting back from our big trip I've pretty much stayed away from blogging. It was unintentional and then I found I didn't miss it. I've struggled with comparison and jealousy in my life and though I've found the blogging community to be open and encouraging I want to eliminate any unnecessary reasons to compare. I got rid of Facebook a few months ago, and honestly it's been one of the best decisions. Coming home after our trip I've felt more content than ever and I don't want to do anything that will disrupt that. I've also realized that I've used blogging as an excuse to not put myself out there to make friends in the area and to really make a community for myself down here. I've hidden behind my posts and I don't want to do that anymore. I'm not saying goodbye forever, but I am taking an indefinite leave of absence. I've loved blogging and I'm sure I will again, but until I feel that need to come back I will be staying away. I won't be reading blogs or writing. I hope that those I've formed real friendships with will continue to keep in touch with email and texts.
As I walk away from blogging (for now) I want to say thank you for reading and sticking with me through the good and bad times. I'm hoping I'll be back at my little space of the internet soon but until then: be well, stay kind, and keep in touch.

5 comments:

  1. I will definitely miss your posts Lauren, but I can relate to a lot of your reasons for taking a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to see you go, but I'm so happy for you that you are feeling content and happy!! I know I will be keeping in touch!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this makes me so sad. But you supported me through my absence and I will do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll miss your posts Lauren! I'm definitely going to keep up with you on Instagram! Good for you for taking time away from the computer. I'm learning to balance it and have decided to post less. Props to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The article lighten my heart. Thank you. www.bellofpeace.org

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."