July 23, 2014

Guest Post: Book Recommendations

Continuing with my guest posts, we have Carly here today from her blog Carly Blogs Here with some book recommendations. As I've brought my kindle with me while I'm on vacation in New Hampshire I'm anxious to get started on some of her recommendations. Thanks so much Carly for guest posting. Take it away...

I'm so happy to be guest posting on Lauren's blog today! While I share a pretty wide variety of posts on my blog, some of my favorite posts revolve around books. I thought I would share a small selection of some favorites and recommendations.
 
 Me Before You is a recent read that I fell in love with from the very beginning. It's a story about friendship, love, and family. It will make you smile and make you cry and you'll be sad when it comes to an end. The Gifts of Imperfection is the perfect book if you need a little bit of encouragement or inspiration. It's one of those books that you want to highlight the entire thing because it's so relatable. Sloppy Firsts will forever be a favorite book of mine- I believe it's classified as new adult and is book one of a five part series. You can't help but love Jessica Darling and the rest of the very realistic set of characters. An Invisible Thread is the true story of an 11-year-old panhandler, a busy sales executive, and an unlikely meeting with destiny. I've been a huge fan of Sarah Dessen for years and recently read Along For the Ride and adored it! If you're a fan of young adult books it's one you don't want to miss! The Great Gatsby is the perfect classic to read or reread this summer. Fitzgerald makes us all wish we could attend a West Egg party! What are some of your all-time favorite books? Any recent reads that you've loved? A huge thank you to Lauren for letting me post today! Feel free to stop by Carly Blogs Here for more book recommendations!

4 comments:

  1. The Great Gatsby is my favorite! And I love Sarah Dessen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new books! I want to try out a few of these soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...putting these on my list! Thank you Carly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."