June 11, 2014

sandy paws




{me and dave and finley somewhere back there swimming}
This past weekend while Janet was in town, we took Finley to his first dog beach. I was a little hesitant because I'm a worrier and I didn't know how he would do. I worried for nothing, per usual, because Finley did AWESOME. He got right in the water, he retrieved tennis balls we threw, and he played well with all the other dogs. Finley swam so much and loved every minute. Dave made him take a couple breaks because he was breathing so hard after so much constant swimming. It made my heart so happy to see how much fun he was having. He was a good boy and listened when it was time to go and let Dave and I hose him off and dry him before we went back to the car. It was a really cool dog beach and I know that we'll be back, next time with shampoo for bathing with the hose afterwards. We're rookies.
 
I'm so glad we went but my car still smells like wet dog. blah.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I wish our dogs would swim. They both hate the water :( In fact, our Golden doesn't like to use her back legs so she just sinks! I would totally take them to a dog beach if they did though. I don't know of any in Dallas but they have one on the lake in Austin...it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I wish I could do this stuff with my dog. She's a nut and hates water, this would go so bad for all involved.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."