June 3, 2014

friends

It's been really fun to have one of my closest friends in town visiting this past weekend. I've missed the ease of this sort of friendship. Not to say that we sat around in silence the whole time but it's definitely different with someone that you feel comfortable enough around to change your mind, or tell them you need a nap. I've missed my girls so it's been fun to have Katie here for a few days.
 
It's difficult after college to make friends, especially when you work with older people. I guess what I need to realize is that Dave and I are going to be here for a long time so I need to really put myself out there and invest in new friendships. I think friendships after a certain stage of your life are going to be different in nature but it's another reason I'm so thankful for the ones I do have. The ones where we can talk through difficult times, reveal our hearts, share in each others happiness and pain, and take multiple trips to Target in a day. I do have a friend here where our relationship is growing and I am so thankful for that. I'm also so lucky and blessed to have my mom live here because we're close and I love hanging out with her.
 
To put myself out there I want to:
 
Find a church
Attend Yelp! events
 
How do YOU make friends when you move to a new place?
 
Thanks for visiting Katie, it's been wonderful being together. I miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of Yelp! events?! Weird! I hope you find a church soon, it has been SO great for Matt and I. Especially at the church plant because there are so many people our age/in similar stages of life.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."