January 16, 2012

This weekend I kept myself pretty busy. Saturday after good Skype time with Dave I drove to Charlottesville, VA to visit my friend Mary. The University of Virginia is located there, so we toured it with her roommate as our guide.


Mary and I at the whisper wall on campus.  We sat on opposite ends and whispered down the wall and could hear what each other were saying. After pottery painting, a nature walk, and some trashy tv I came home Sunday night.

Thankfully my friends and I had Martin Luther King Jr. day off and we took full advantage of it by crossing things off the bucket list. Dave and I were able to good Skype again and then we went to the Iwo Jima monument.

There was chili dog consumption at Ben's Chili Bowl, completely worth the half hour wait!

Some playing around at the Air and Space Museum.

Katie and I even went on a flight simulator where she spiraled us more than once. Probably not the best idea after chili dogs. It was a great busy weekend and I'm so thankful to have had things to do to fill my days. The closer it gets to Dave's R&R the antsier we've both become. Just knowing how close it is we're trying to keep ourselves busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."