November 11, 2011

Thank you, from America

Veterans Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. va.gov
I'm pretty sure that everyone in this country knows someone that is serving, or has served our country. We are all affected in one way or another.
My friend Nicole called me from the airport yesterday and told me about the wonderful display of support of troops returning home. Soldiers getting off a commercial plane clearly on their way home from a deployment, were met with clapping from staff and onlookers at the airport. Simple thank you's when you see a Service Member in uniform, or sending letters to people while they're deployed, are some ways you can thank those that serve. We can't forget our older veterans as well. They have stories to tell, they want to talk to people. Don't overlook them. They may have served decades ago but their service is just as important. These are brave men and women and they deserve our love, admiration, and respect every.single.day.
Dave and I come from families of people that have served.
My dad-currently serving almost his 30th year in the US Army.
My mom-served almost 6 years in the Army, but got out to have the hardest job in the world; being a mom.
My maternal grandfather, paternal grandfather, my cousin Jonathan, my cousin Sammy, my cousin in law Joe have and currently are serving their country.

Dave's uncle Allen who was an Army eye surgeon. He actually worked at Walter Reed.
Dave's paternal grandfather-Robert Bounds-served during WWII and received a purple heart.
Not to mention our countless friends that are serving. Thank you Jess, Walter, Andy, Cassandra, Jill, Gwyn, Andy, Kathrin, Aaron and everyone else.
And most importantly the love of my life, my husband Dave who is currently deployed.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment, however keep in mind "Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."